How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Bonnyville, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Outdoor Environment: With a warm, welcoming family-like environment, our building is nestled on 3 professionally landscaped acres with 2 courtyards, walking trails, gazebo, flower beds and beautiful mature trees that residents enjoy all year round.
- Friday Night Dance Party : The Friday Night Dance Party is a regular favourite with residents.
- Pub Day: Residents enjoy relaxing and socializing with each other over a maximum of 2 drinks at our monthly Pub Day.
- Bingo Night: The weekly Bingo Night is very popular with residents.
- Live Entertainment: We have monthly live entertainment featuring a variety of entertainers from the community.
- Christmas Concert: The local Ukrainian Choir performs an annual Christmas Concert for residents and the choir from the French high school also comes in regularly to sing for residents.
- Baking and Cooking Group : Our Baking/Cooking Group meets regularly and other residents and staff are always ready to enjoy the tasty finished results.
- Intergenerational Program : We have a quarterly Intergenerational Program that brings elementary school children into our home to spend time with our residents.
- Gardening Group: Members of the Gardening Group like to exercise their green thumbs growing flowers and vegetables in raised beds.
- Monthly Birthday Bash : At our Monthly Birthday Bash, residents enjoy a cake, candles, a card and a rousing chorus of “Happy Birthday to You”.
- Sing-Along Sessions: Regular sing-along sessions bring residents together to sing their favourite songs and reminisce about the past and their life experiences.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Respiratory Therapist